Monday, April 18, 2011

Locked in the kitchen with a luscious Italian


Tonight, I made white pizza with roasted peppers and black olives. Heating the oven to 475 degrees means smoke which means a shrieking smoke alarm. I tried to avert the shrieking by closing the kitchen door. Wrong move--it stuck fast! Nothing I could do would budge it. Imaginging I'd have to spend the night in there and all morning tomorrow until Chuck got back from Rumson, I had an "aha!" moment--my cell phone was in my purse. I tried "information" for three neighbors' phone numbers--no luck. Then I got Shirley Lipsky who got the super John who has our keys and could come up to give the door one good whack. Here I am, with a swollen hand, yet free to sleep in my own bed and thankful to Philip for something! Last August's visit to Aspen required I buy this modern--and oh so valuable--convenience!

P.S. I had had NOTHING to drink; the Martini & Rossi beside the martini glass was there as a prop for a Good Cook Facebook photo. That's water in there, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment